A course for residential and commercial Lawnmowing/Lawncare contractors or employees.
This course covers a wide range of topics, all relevant to the domestic and small commercial mowing contractor.
Topics include OHS, fertilisers and pricing, soils and soil preparation, turf recognition, plant structure and function, mowing techniques, turf renovation, irrigation, weeds, pests and diseases, sales and marketing, planning, debtor control and summer and winter survival.
Note: Students who wish to enrol in this course will be required to have a USI (Unique Student Identifier). For more info visit www.usi.gov.au or call 1800 001 001
24/6/2016 to 15/7/2016 Semester Break
• OHS – Safety in the Workplace
• Plant nutrition, Soil Wetting Agents, Calibration, Application
• Turf Recognition, Different Species, External Features, Growth Habits
• Plant Physiology, Structure and Function, Root Systems
• Soil Components, pH Levels, Soil Preparation, Install and Establish Turf
• Lawn Care and Maintenance,
• Mowing Techniques and Renovation
• Preparation of machinery and equipment
• Weeds, Pests and Diseases, Identification, Treatment
• Irrigation Systems, Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
• Sales and Marketing in Lawnmowing Buying and Selling Clients, Maximising Income
• Planning Your Work, Expanding Your Business
• Maintaining Your Business, Debtors, Summer/Winter Survival, Nutrition, Physiotherapy
Competency units covered in this course:
• D7146 AHCPCM301A Implement a plant nutrition program
• D7258 AHCTRF303A Implement a grassed area maintenance program
• D7124 AHCPMG301A Control weeds
• D6737 AHCBUS404A Operate within a budget framework
Competent Students will receive a Statement of Attainment.
• Covered shoes or boots must be worn
• Pen, notebook and calculator required
Participants will receive the following resources:
• A reference manual
• An assessment guide